It took a while to get our blog going, but here we are! We thought we'd get a bit more "personal" and share a more about who we are and why we are here. So let's get to it.
A lot of people have asked us why we are called Bonne l.a.?
Bonne (pronounced Bohn) means "good" or "well" in French and really that is all we want to create, and give, and wish for you. The name is also a little nudge to Stan the better half of Bonne and his Frenchness which also happens to be equated (at least in my little head) with chicness! Bonne combo, huh?
So let's chat about why we started Bonne LA. I'm going to break it down into an easily digestible list. It all started with a mini-life-crisis, were...
- I was eager to start my own business.
- I just turned 40 and we all know this is when we get sports cars & fake boobs, and I didn't want those, so I needed something else.
- I could never find cute t-shirts with saying that resonated with the Law Of Attraction and self-growth practices other than "love yourself" and "you're awesome"
- I had too many quotes in my Pinterest board, and some were begging to take the leap out of my screen and into my life in on a t-shirt, on a mug, on the wall and at the beach.
- I wanted to create something that was meaningful and fun, as the good Rev. Michael Bernard Beckwith says... "And so it is" Bonne is here.
- I was looking for a creative outlet where I could "curate" my own vision of style and comfort in fashion and interiors.
Still here? Just checking, hehe.
So now let me tell you about our business model. We source and design everything you see on our site in Los Angeles, CA. Our production and fulfillment are done by a print on demand service, which means we get to do all the fun part of creating a brand: the creative, marketing and socializing, while our POD friends take care of production. This is a heaven-sent option for new businesses that don't have a lot of monetary resources to get started. Having said that, our idea is to grow into new categories and expand our selection of goods, from vintage pieces to carrying other brands that resonate with our message and style.
So hey, If you are interested in collaborating or jumping on the Bonnebon wagon shoot me an email! email@example.com would love to hear from you!
In the coming weeks, I will be sharing some good bits of Law of Attraction / Fashion / Self-growth tidbits that I hope you find useful and entertaining. Be sure to sign-up to our newsletter to be in the loop when we have a new one coming up (plus you get that sweet Lil' discount!)
As we continue on the journey, I hope you stick around, it's refreshing and exciting sharing this adventure to spread the love and grow and create a meaningful business with beings of light, like you.
Until next time darling Bonnebons!